Wednesday 28 January 2009

Insecurity

Life can be a battle and things around you can get you down. I get down sometimes and usually its because i have some bad insecurities and not great self-esteem. I always focus on what people think about me and worry about how they see me, because of this I'm forever thinking about how i look and how others see me. I always worry about whether im too fat or if my clothes are not good enough or if im worth to be around, I guess being bullied didn't help.

However over the past year God has been working miracles in my life. He has been showing me that he loves me and that I am his creation and that I am wonderfully and that he does love me. Psalms 139 is my most inspirational verse I have come to depend on it especially when I start to criticise myself . Verses 13 - 16 are the most important verses for this:

13For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.14I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.15 My frame was not hidden from you,when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.16Your eyes saw my unformed substance;in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.

God has made me and I am his creation so who am I to criticise his creation. God knows me inside out He has made me the way I am. I sometimes forget that and I fall back again but God just picks me up again and shows me his word and I know that he does love and that people around me do love me and do care about me and see beyond the external and don't see all the inperfections that I see. Therefore I shouldn't put myself down cause I have God on my side

No comments: